Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Easy-Peasy Mac & Cheesey!

Let me start off by saying that I am not at all claiming that this is good for you.  Only that it is VERY yummy!  This is about the easiest mac & cheese you can imagine (other than the boxed stuff ).  I made it the other day and remembered when a friend raved about it and I had to laugh because it was so simple to make. 

Here is what you will need:
  • 16 oz box elbow macaroni
  • 32oz box processed cheese spread (You know, Velveeta.  Only not Velveeta because I almost never by name brands.  You can use it if you want, but I hope you have a coupon!)
  • A splash of milk (This is probably about 1/4 cup, but I never measure.  I literally just splash it in.)

That's it!  Three simple (and cheap - notice my generic brands for everything) ingredients.  This is the kind of thing I like.

To make the Mac and Cheese:
  • Cook 1/2 a box of elbow macaroni (you know, boil water, add macaroni...)
  • While it is cooking, cut up 1/3 block of cheese spread into small cubes.  Size doesn't really matter, but the smaller you cut them up, the quicker they melt.  
  • Drain the macaroni
  • Put the cheese bits in the same pot you cooked the macaroni and put on low heat, stirring as it melts.
  • When it starts to melt a bit like in the picture above, add your milk.
  • Continue to stir until cheese is almost completely melted
  • Add the cooked macaroni and stir until all the cheese is melted.



Viola!  Easy-Peasy Mac & Cheesey!

My daughter LOVES this!  This recipe makes more than my family eats at one meal, but we'll eat the leftovers for lunches.  It can easily be doubled for pot lucks or parties.  Also, if you like your mac & cheese baked, I'm sure it can be adapted for that, too.  Although, I've never personally tried it because that's not how we like our mac & cheese.

I hope you enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. looke VERY yummy!

    New friend from bloggymoms! nice to meet you!
    Emily
    www.weakandloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! That is a super easy recipe. I look forward to seeing more! My kids are super picky eaters but I know they wouldn't have any problem with this recipe.
    Laundry Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing. I will put this one in the book ;) I have some picky eaters but I don't think I can go wrong with this.
    Laundry Care

    ReplyDelete