Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week in Review: 7-29-12

Because I was gone on Saturday and most of Sunday, I didn't get to post my weekly review of my goals from last week or my goals for this week.  Since they are such an important part of the process of me trying to grow and get better with age, I don't want to skip them entirely.  Better late than never!

Here's my weekly review.  I'll follow up with another post with this week's goals.

Spiritual Life

  • *Read Bible daily.  I am going to plan our when to read and put it on my calendar this week. I did much better this week!  The only day I missed was Saturday because we were in the car all day and then had the wedding that night.
  • Be more consistent in praying for requests on my list I prayed for requests several times, but didn't do it daily. 
  • *Continue to work on being more joyful. I think I did pretty well this week.

Family life

  • Help kids prepare for their vacation. Check!
  • Pack for DH and I Check!

 

Home life

  • Finish all laundry on Monday Check!
  • Clean bathroom on Monday Check!
  • Clean off my desk Check! (although it is starting to fill back up.  I might have to do a quick once-over today)
  • *Wipe down bathroom daily Check!
  • *Vacuum steps I didn't get to this again!  It is going to have to go at the top of my list this week.
  • Work more on playroom/schoolroom Check!

 

Church Life

  • Pray for my Sunday School class while I'm away.  Our pastor's wife is teaching this week, so I know they are in good hands! Check!
  • Attend church Wednesday Check!
  • *Set up meeting with the Pastor to talk about Harvest fest.  Meeting can be any time in the next couple weeks.  Grr.  I'll call today.  I promise.

Physical Life

  • *Write down every bite I eat!   I completely failed this one. 
  • Lose at least 1 pound.  Nope.  To much fast-food while on the road.
  • *Try to get to bed by 11:30 every night. I did this every night I was home except on Friday when I worked until 11:30.
  • *Drink more water.  Hmmm....I think I might have failed this one, too.
  • *Put on makeup every day Not every day.  But, I did put it on most days.  I'll have to share more about why this is on my list, sometime.
  • *Exercise at least one day Fail.
(Can you tell I have lots of work to do in this area?)

Social Life

  • Attend wedding on Saturday Check!

Financial life

  • *Update budget software daily I think I might have missed a couple of days and had to catch up.
  • *Do not overspend! (I went over a little on my grocery budget and really need to watch it!)  Fail.  I went over with groceries.  But, like I shared yesterday, I am working on this!
  • Pay bills Check!
  • *Have budget meeting with DH on Monday Check!

Mental life

  • Read second library book I'm in the middle of it now.  Unfortunately it is due back tomorrow and I wasn't able to renew it because someone else already requested it.  I might go download it for my iPad using my Amazon gift card.
  • Renew library books Check! (all except the one I'm in the middle of)
  • Continue working on blog  Check!

Homeschool Life

  • *Buy Math curriculum.  I'm still searching.  But, I might just have to give up and go with something a little more expensive, but still not full-price.
  • *Buy some Five in a Row books I was waiting to see how much the math would cost me.  But, I'm going to buy both this week.
  • *Plan the calendar for the coming school year. Check!  We will be starting back to school on August 22.  That's just about two weeks!!!  Yikes!

 

Work Life

  • Make at least one new worksheet packet to send to Kathy for review Well, I'm working on one still, but she actually sent one to me to complete.  So, work is getting done!
  • Start at least one other packet Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment