Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week in Review: 8-12-12

Did I seriously say that this week promised to be calmer?  What was I thinking?!  My half-shift on Tuesday turned into a full shift.  Then, I ended up working on Friday.  One top of work, I had a ton of school planning left to do, two grocery trips (one to Aldi and one to Kroger), lots of cleaning that needed done, the schoolroom needed organized, and all my regular errands and duties.

I got a lot done, but not necessarily what I had planned.  Here are how my goals went:

 

Spiritual Life

  • *Read Bible daily.  I am planning some time during the day to read.  I still didn’t accomplish reading every day.  But, I didn’t do horribly.
  • Be more consistent in praying for requests on my list  Check

Family life

  • Make cookies with the kids Check!
  • Plan a date-night for DH and I (maybe next week) I decided to hold off on this for a few weeks.  We have another wedding coming up in two weeks and we always treat that like a date night.
  • *Play at least one board game with the kids Not this week. 

 

Home life

  • *Finish all laundry! Check
  • Clean kitchen Check, but it is messy again.  I miss one night of dishes and everything goes downhill. 
  • *Clean off my desk Check, but this too is messy again.
  • *Wipe down bathroom daily Nope.  I need to do a deep cleaning this week and then wipe it down daily.
  • *Vacuum steps I still didn’t get this done!
  • *Work more on playroom/schoolroom.  This week I need to work on our new calendar. Check.  But, I still need to put the calendar up.

 

Church Life

  • Prepare to teach Sunday School.  This is my last week teaching and then the regular teacher will return.  I've enjoyed teaching and I'm happy I could help out.  But, I'm ready to have one less thing on my plate. Check!  My kids are happy to be having their teacher back next week.
  • Attend church Wednesday Nope.  I had to stay home so my uncle could come over and check out our furnace.  Long story, but the good ending is that we don’t need a new one right away!
  • *Set up meeting with the Pastor to talk about Harvest fest.  Meeting can be any time in the next couple weeks.  I talked to him, but need to actually put this on the books.

Physical Life

  • *Write down every bite I eat!  This should be easier now because much of it can just be copied over from my menu. I didn’t do so great with this, again.  But, by having everything planned out beforehand, I do have a better idea of what I ate.  I rarely snack, so portion control is my big problem.
  • Lose at least 1 pound.  Somehow, I managed to gain 4 lbs overnight again.  I promise I didn’t eat that bad the couple days before, either!  My weight just keeps jumping up and down.  I’m not really sure why.  A pound or two is normal for me, but four pounds is a lot to jump overnight!
  • *Try to get to bed by 11:30 every night I don't work, 12:15 on the nights I do.  I didn’t do bad on this one.  In fact, I was in bed by 10:30 last night.  I felt so much better when I woke up this morning!  I need to start doing this every night once school starts.
  • *Drink more water.  Check
  • *Put on makeup every day Check
  • *Exercise at least one day Nope. 

Social Life

  • Go to a friend's house for a playdate  Check!  The kids had a blast and got to have some good fellowship with one of my dearest friends.

Financial life

  • *Update budget software daily I’m a little behind on this.  I need to update it tomorrow. 
  • *Do not overspend! I did better this week.
  • Pay bills  Check

Mental life

  • *Return the one library book.  Check
  • Check out more library books  I didn’t have time to go in (I returned in the drivethru). 
  • Continue working on blog   Check.  It was a little sporadic this week just due to all the school planning that I needed to do, but I did work on it.

Homeschool Life

  • *Buy Math curriculum.  Check!
  • *Buy some Five in a Row books Not yet.  I am going to hold off and just use the library copies for a while.  This way I can use my Amazon gift card for something else. 
  • *Start printing off resources for lessons.  Check!  Once I got my new printer this week, I did lots of printing.  I still have a bit more to do, though.
  • Plan our first-day science experiment.  We know what we are doing.  I just need to gather all the materials and work up a lesson plan.  I can’t wait to share it with you all!

 

Work Life

  • *Complete worksheet Kathy sent me.  Worksheets were one of the things that had to be put on hold this week.
  • *Continue working on the other packet.
  • Go to work on Tuesday and possibly Thursday  Thursday turned into Friday.  But, I did go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment