Friday, August 31, 2012

Paydays = Busy Days

One of the few downsides to budgeting is that you have to make the time to do it right!  This includes making the time to organize all your "envelopes" (both real envelopes and digital ones) on payday.  Today is such a day. 

My husband gets paid every other week and a commission check at the end of the month and I get paid every other week.  This month was one of those rare three-paycheck months.  So, we not only both got paid our paychecks today, but we also receive my husband commission since it is the last day of the month.  This means that their is even more information to organize!

I've spent the last couple of hours updating our budget and putting money in the correct categories in our budget software.  I've also paid all our bills that needed to come out of this check and our commission. 

Thankfully, I had everything planned out beforehand and I didn't just need to guess where the money needed to go.  I'm also really glad that we have a plan going forward.  I know for a fact that I will have enough money for our kids' birthday party next Sunday and that I won't have to worry about having enough money for food.  This makes it so much easier to spend a few hours of concentrated effort on our budget on payday and then just a few minutes downloading our activity and updating our budget software every other day.

So, despite all the time that it can take to do things right, it is very worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment