Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly Review: 8-19-12

Here's what my week looked like (results in blue):

Spiritual Life

  • *Read Bible daily.  Planning ahead is going to become more important once school starts.  We do Bible lessons in school everyday, but I don’t want to neglect my own personal study time.  Once again, I didn't read everyday.  I did have a really good time of studying last night, though.
  • Be consistent in praying for requests on my list  I think I'm doing pretty well on this one.  As stated, it is pretty ambiguous.  I may need to make this more concrete.

Family life

  • Make rice krispy treats and brownies with the kids  We made brownies, but the rice krispy treats are going to be done this week.
  • Take my cousin and his girlfriend who are visiting from Wisconsin to the zoo on Tuesday Check!  We had so much fun.  But, after 5 hours of walking up and down the hills of the Cincinnati Zoo, my legs were killing me!
  • Make invitations for the kids’ birthday party and deliver them to our church friends Invitations are made and one was delivered.  The other kid wasn't their today.  So, it is in my purse to take again on Wednesday.

 

Home life

  • *Finish all laundry! Check!
  • Clean kitchen Check!
  • *Clean off my desk  Half-done.  I just need to find a real home for some stuff.
  • *Wipe down bathroom daily Didn't happen.  I did clean the bathroom, but I haven't wiped it down daily.
  • *Vacuum steps I'm going to do this today, I promise.  I actually just got up and put some vacuum powder down.
  • *Work more on playroom/schoolroom.  It needs to be ready by Wednesday! Check!  The room looked good!

 

Church Life

  • Attend church Wednesday Check!
  • *Call and schedule meeting with Pastor about Harvest Fest Didn't do this again.  I promise I'm not doing this intentionally.  I just always remember at really bad times.  Like as I'm going to bed.

Physical Life

My goals in this area changed a lot this week.  I posted yesterday that I signed back up for Weight Watchers Online.  So, that changes a lot of what I originally planned.
  • Focus on portion sizes and not getting seconds (or thirds)  I didn't do so good with this until yesterday.  After my post yesterday, I started measuring my food and didn't get seconds.
  • Lose at least 1 pound.  I did actually lose a pound since last week.  But, I had gained quite a bit before that.
  • Try to get to bed by 10:30 every night I don't work, 12:15 on the nights I do.  Check!  The only sleep problems I had were Friday night/Saturday morning.  I had trouble falling asleep and then I woke up at 5:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep.  But, all the other days I felt much better and was able to get up and going like I needed too.
  • Drink at least two bottles (refillable bottles, not disposable!) of water/day. I didn't do this every day. 
  • Put on makeup every day Check!
  • Stay more active throughout the day.  I know I won’t have time to actually exercise, but I can stay active! I did a pretty good job on this.  I already mentioned all my walking at the zoo.  I also had very little time to sit all week.

Social Life

  • Other than the zoo trip with my cousin and his girlfriend, I’m not going to have much time for socializing this week! I did end up going shopping with my BFF yesterday, too.  We always have a good time.

Financial life

  • *Update budget software daily  I did better on this.  I also got everything caught up and I'm back on track.
  • *Do not overspend! I did better this week.
  • Pay bills  Check!

Mental life

  • Continue working on blog  Check!  I have actually made some blogging decisions that I will talk about in my next post.
  • Teaching is going to provide the rest of my mental stimulation this week!  I always learn things when I’m teaching.  And it did.  I didn't have any time for much more than that!

Homeschool Life

  • Finish planning the first month Check!
  • Print out materials I have next week ready to go, but I want to get further ahead than that.
  • Gather all materials for first-day science experiment Check!  If you didn't see it, be sure to check out our "Dancing Oobleck" experiment.
  • Create or find an age-appropriate lesson plan I just came up with a short little lesson.  No papers or anything.  Just a description of sound waves and how they work.
  • Make new workbox schedules (I’m trying something different this year) Check!
  • First day of school! Check!  It went great, too!
  • Help the kids get back into the swing of things and develop a routine Check!  They were excited to jump right back in!

 

Work Life

Work on Monday (I’m there now ;) ) Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment