Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week in Review: 8/26/12

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I made some big goal changes this past week.  First in my physical life, then in my home life.  These changes are to help me move toward my bigger goals of getting healthy and getting my home in order.  So, here is how I did:

Spiritual Life

  • *Read Bible daily.  I read all but two nights.  I was able to have an extra long study time a couple of nights, with was nice.  I still struggle with finding time to read on the days that I work.
  • Be consistent in praying for requests on my list.  Check!  Having prayer time during school helps with this, too.

Family life

  • Not much time for anything this week.  Sadly, it is going to be a full week! Yeah, not much happened.  The kids and I did get to go out to lunch with my mom, sister, aunt, and cousin yesterday, though.  Poor Bub.  He was the only boy at a table with 6 women.

 

Home life

  • Finish all laundry! Even though laundry day is officially on Monday, I am starting it today.  Between school and work, I wouldn't have time to finish it tomorrow.  I've been doing a load here and a load there all week.  I'll be glad to get back to having it all done on Monday this week.
  • Clean kitchen  This seems to be on my list every week.  And it gets done every week.  But, it also gets messy again.  This is where I added my new task of cleaning off the counter daily.   I did really well on this until last night.  After my grocery shopping trip, I cleaned out the fridge and straightened my messy "pantry" (it looks much better, now!).  Sadly, by the time I finished all that, I just crashed on the couch.  But, I'm going to clean it up today and not give up just because I fell down.
  • *Clean off my desk This is still a mess.  I seem to just move the clutter around.  I really need to find homes for things or get rid of them.
  • *Wipe down bathroom daily Didn't happen.  But, this is getting taken off my list for next week.  I really am starting from scratch and just focusing on the kitchen counter.  I'm getting rid of the guilt and letting myself develop habits!
  • Finish gathering everything for the yard sale on Saturday!  The yard sale got cancelled due to rain.  But, I still did some work to prepare for it in a couple of weeks.
    • Take everything to my parents'
    • Get tables
    • Make signs
    • Go to bank and get change
    • Get permit from the city
    • Post on Craig's List

 

Church Life

  • Attend church Wednesday Check!
  • *Call and schedule meeting with Pastor about Harvest Fest  I don't even want to talk about it.

Physical Life This is the other area where I made big changes.  I'm back on Weight Watchers, and really work on it.

  • *Measure all foods to make sure I am eating the correct portion.  Check!
  • *Track every bite I eat. Check!
  • Lose at least 1 pound. Check!  I lost 4.9 lbs my first week.  You can see all of my results here.
  • Try to get to bed by 10:30 every night I don't work, 12:15 on the nights I do.  I did pretty well on this.  One night might have been around 11:00, though.
  • Drink at least two bottles (refillable bottles, not disposable!) of water/day. I did so-so on this.  Some days I did great.  But, other days I just plain forgot!
  • Put on makeup every day  Check!
  • *Stay more active throughout the day.  I know I won’t have time to actually exercise, but I can stay active!  Check!  I tracked my activity (things like vigorous cleaning) and I earned 11 activity points this week. 

Social Life

  • No time for socializing, either! I was right.

Financial life

  • Update budget software daily  Check!
  • Do not overspend! Well, we had one little "emergency" come up that was unplanned.  It wasn't something that really need to come out of the emergency fund, but it came out of our blow money.  If it weren't for our kids birthday party next weekend, we would have waited and actually planned for it. 
  • Pay bills  Check!
  • Plan budget for next month and have a budget meeting with DH.  Check!
  • Finish Yard Sale plans Check!

Mental life

  • Continue working on blog  Check!  I finally figured out how to add badges and made a couple of updates last night.
  • Teach Check!

Homeschool Life

  • *Print out materials Check!
  • Gather all materials for first-day science experiment  This was accidentally left on my list from the week before.
  • Introduce the rest of our subjects. Check!

 

Work Life 

  • Work on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment