Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm Still Here!

I just wanted to write a quick post to let everyone know I am still here!  I have started a couple of posts the last few days, but just haven't had time to finish them!  I'm thinking that, now that school is in full-swing, I may not be able to post every single day.

I am unexpectedly going to be out of town this weekend. Some ladies from my church are attending a conference. I didn't originally plan on going because my kids' birthday is tomorrow and we always try to do something special on the day of their birthday (in addition to the party we already had). But, then my hubby found out the iPhone launched that day (he works for a cell phone company) and he is pretty much going to be working non-stop this weekend. He will go in around 6am on Friday and probably won't get home until around midnight.


My mom, who was planning to go to the conference, called me up and said she wanted to give me her ticket. She's seen that I'm stressed out and thought that I needed the chance to get away with a group of ladies and focus on the Lord. She offered to keep the kids for the weekend and to take them somewhere special (probably a farm) for their birthday.

I immediately felt that I wanted to go. So, after DH and the kids all said they didn't mind, I decided to go. I'm leaving this afternoon and won't be home until Saturday. It will be a busy weekend, but a good busyness. So, I'm looking forward to it. I'm really hoping to come back reinvigorated.

I am going to miss seeing my kids, especially on their birthday, though. I honestly wouldn't get to see my hubby anyway with the iPhone launch. 


I'm going to work on finishing up some of the posts I've started and share them next week.  I promise I'm not giving up on the blog!  Sometime, it just has to take a backseat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment